10 Myths About Poverty
- The poor are solely at the effect of their own actions.
- The poor choose to be poor.
- Rich people acquiring wealth do not create poor people.
- There is equal opportunity and access to better choices for everybody.
- There is no social imperatives that keep people poor.
- Race is not a factor.
- Poor people can just get over it.
- No one wants to see poor people suffer.
- If poor people had better values they could contribute to the greater values of the larger society in which they live.
- It is not the place of society to interfere or socially engineer the free choice of the market place.
These are thoughts to create thinking pressure…