- Your nation had been invaded?
- A hundred thousand soldiers were kicking down the doors of your neighbors?
- Thousands of jets had rained missiles on your hospitals and every single one of your social institutions?
- There was no trust worthy civil authority to make an appeal too?
- Your countrymen had formed themselves into various radical militia and now you didn’t have them to go too either?
You as an individual were that alone?
Just a few years earlier you had said “These sorts of things could never happen here”?